How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
Most new tires or tires provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) last Orange Park drivers about 50,000 miles, but how many miles should tires last? That can depend on how you care for them. Learn how to properly care for your tires from the Beaver Chevrolet service experts. Contact us if you have any questions.
Factors That Affect Tires’ Life Expectancy
The difference between the answers to “how many miles should tires last?” and “how many miles do tires last?” can largely depend on how a Ponte Vedra driver cares for their vehicle. However, the type of tire you use also has an effect. Factors that affect tire life expectancy include:
- Drivetrain: A front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, or all-wheel drive vehicle will wear tires differently due to where the drivetrain is sending power. Regular tire rotation evens out wear, and improves tire lifespan.
- Driving habits: If you brake or start from a stop suddenly as you drive around Jacksonville Beach, your tires will experience more friction. Gradual acceleration and coasting to a stop protect your tires.
- Road conditions: Adverse road conditions like gravel, dirt roads, construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice all wear your tires more quickly.
- Terrain: Inclined roads require more friction from your tires for starting or stopping.
- Treadwear rating: Different tires come with different treadwear ratings. These rate the life expectancy of your tire treads.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires create extra grip. Because of this, they wear faster than all-season tires which prioritize less rolling resistance.
Tire Care Tips
So what can you do to improve the lifespan of your tires? If you follow these tips, you won’t be worrying as much about the answers to “how many miles should tires last,” and “how many miles do tires last.”
- Regularly inspect your tire’s air pressure: Doing so each time you fill up your gas tank can help you keep the pressure at the proper level.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth: Keeping track of tire tread wear lets you know when to rotate your tires.
- Regularly rotate your tires: This can evenly distribute tire wear.
- Keep to regularly scheduled maintenance: If you don’t remember when your tires were last checked, schedule service at our tire center today. Otherwise, check your owner’s manual for your advised maintenance schedule.
Beaver Chevrolet Service Offers Get You Tire Care at a Great Price
Take advantage of our rotating service offers to have your tires serviced, rotated, or replaced for a great price. We look forward to seeing you in Jacksonville.