Lunch For Staff At Baptist Medical Trauma Center: Beaver Acts of Wow 15
If you have ever had the unfortunate experience of walking beyond the emergency room doors, you probably witnessed a nurse, or a doctor running around at some point. The staff in the ER not only take on patients, but if the ER has more patients that can be immediately treated, the nurses determine the severity of the patient’s illness or trauma. If the patient has a life threatening concern, a physician is notified and the patient’s concerns are addressed immediately.
The other day Bucky Beaver had a little swimming accident and needed his tail looked at. Bucky was amazed to see just how hard the nurses and doctors in the ER worked, in the short amount of time he was there. That’s why Bucky thought it would be a great idea to recognize the staff at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville Emergency Room by providing them with lunch. For our random Acts of Wow #15 this week, we loaded up our crew from Beaver Chevrolet and of course Bucky, and brought plenty of subs, fruit, chips and much more thanks to Publix.
If you or someone you know is a nurse, let them know how much you care, by telling us how great they are, and they might get a chance to WIN A NEW CHEVROLET VEHICLE!
To view more pictures from random Acts of Wow #15 check out our Beaver Chevrolet Facebook page!
Go to an emergency department or call 911 for help for problems such as:
• Trouble breathing
• Passing out, fainting
• Pain in the arm or jaw
• Unusual or bad headache, particularly if it started suddenly
• Suddenly not able to speak, see, walk, or move
• Suddenly weak or drooping on one side of the body
• Dizziness or weakness that does not go away
• Inhaled smoke or poisonous fumes
• Sudden confusion
• Heavy bleeding
• Possible broken bone, loss of movement, particularly if the bone is pushing through the skin
• Deep wound
• Serious burn
• Coughing or throwing up blood
• Severe pain anywhere on the body
• Severe allergic reaction with trouble breathing, swelling, hives
• High fever with headache and stiff neck
• High fever that does not get better with medicine
• Throwing up or loose stools that does not stop
• Poisoning or overdose of drug or alcohol
• Suicidal thoughts