2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 provides an impressive maximum towing capacity of up to 13,400 pounds, plus an equally imposing payload of up to 2,543 pounds. How does the Silverado do it? It boasts a series of towing features plus a special hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. These features and more make the Silverado 1500 one of the most-durable light-duty trucks for sale in the greater Orange Park area. Want to learn more? Keep reading or contact us!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine Choice
As was the case in 2019, the towing capacity and performance of the new 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 are directly related to the engine you choose to equip it with, and you have several engine options:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Offering 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, this standard engine provides the Silverado 1500 with a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: Putting out 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, this available Silverado 1500 engine musters up a towing capacity of up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: When you equip your Chevy Silverado 1500 with this V8, you not only get 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, but also an elevated maximum towing capacity of up to 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The available 6.2L V8 in the Silverado 1500 lineup yields the maximum Silverado 1500 towing capacity of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). It also puts out an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Tow up to 9,400 pounds and experience up to 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on Ponte Vedra streets when you upgrade to this available diesel Silverado engine.
Available Towing-Enhancing Features
Wondering more about what features you can equip your Silverado 1500 with to further enhance its towing capabilities? Here are just a few noteworthy mentions:
- Trailering Package: This Chevy Silverado 1500 package includes a trailering hitch platform and a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Add on this package and you’ll also benefit from the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, not to mention improved shock tuning, improved rear springs, and much more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Buy these extended-view towing mirrors for your Chevy Silverado 1500 and you’ll see more easily around your boat, camper, or trailer on Jacksonville Beach streets.
Discover the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado at Beaver Chevrolet
We’re chock-full of the most popular new Chevy models for sale in the greater Orange Park area, including but not limited to the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500, which comes in a configuration for everyone! Find yours by reaching out to us today with questions or visiting us when safe.
More from Beaver Chevrolet
Looking for the compact SUV of the future? It’s waiting for you, Orange Park drivers, in the 2022 Chevy Equinox interior. From the Chevy Equinox colors to the Chevy Equinox dimensions, you can expect the best from this rugged compact SUV. Want to learn more about what the Chevy Equinox interior has in store for you?…
While the 2021 model of the Chevy Malibu impressed Orange Park drivers on their daily commutes, the 2022 Chevy Malibu improves on that trusty formula with excellent performance and a high-class suite of performance features to enjoy. With a maximum cargo space of 15.7 cubic feet with 250 max horsepower, you’ll be able to take your…
The Chevy Equinox is a highly coveted vehicle for Orange Park drivers, particularly for its sleek and impressive design, among other things. The 2022 Chevy Equinox colors offer eight different ways to showcase your sense of style. Whether you’re in the mood for a clean Silver Ice Metallic coat, or an eye-catching Cherry Red Tintcoat, Beaver Chevrolet…