2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 provides an impressive maximum towing capacity of up to 13,400 pounds, plus an equally imposing payload of up to 2,543 pounds. How does the Silverado do it? It boasts a series of towing features plus a special hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. These features and more make the Silverado 1500 one of the most-durable light-duty trucks for sale in the greater Orange Park area. Want to learn more? Keep reading or contact us!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine Choice
As was the case in 2019, the towing capacity and performance of the new 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 are directly related to the engine you choose to equip it with, and you have several engine options:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Offering 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, this standard engine provides the Silverado 1500 with a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: Putting out 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, this available Silverado 1500 engine musters up a towing capacity of up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: When you equip your Chevy Silverado 1500 with this V8, you not only get 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, but also an elevated maximum towing capacity of up to 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The available 6.2L V8 in the Silverado 1500 lineup yields the maximum Silverado 1500 towing capacity of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). It also puts out an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Tow up to 9,400 pounds and experience up to 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on Ponte Vedra streets when you upgrade to this available diesel Silverado engine.
Available Towing-Enhancing Features
Wondering more about what features you can equip your Silverado 1500 with to further enhance its towing capabilities? Here are just a few noteworthy mentions:
- Trailering Package: This Chevy Silverado 1500 package includes a trailering hitch platform and a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Add on this package and you’ll also benefit from the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, not to mention improved shock tuning, improved rear springs, and much more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Buy these extended-view towing mirrors for your Chevy Silverado 1500 and you’ll see more easily around your boat, camper, or trailer on Jacksonville Beach streets.
Discover the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado at Beaver Chevrolet
We’re chock-full of the most popular new Chevy models for sale in the greater Orange Park area, including but not limited to the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500, which comes in a configuration for everyone! Find yours by reaching out to us today with questions or visiting us when safe.
More from Beaver Chevrolet
With plenty of new features to speak of and a refined design, the 2021 Chevy Traverse interior proves you don’t need to pay top-dollar for top-shelf accommodations! Even when compared to the interiors of competitors like the Toyota Highlander and Ford Explorer, the new 2021 Chevrolet Traverse interior stands out, delivering everything you’d expect from…
Wondering what the 2021 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is? Here at Beaver Chevrolet near Ponte Vedra, we’re happy to provide you with an answer! While the maximum Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is 8,400 pounds, the towing & trailering capacity of your particular Tahoe will vary based on the engine & drivetrain you’ve chosen, not to mention whether…
If you’re searching Orange Park for a heart-pounding ride, check out the iconic 2021 Chevrolet Camaro! The Camaro interior offers a bevy of standard features, including smartphone integration like Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, and available features like 4G LTE Hotspot to ensure you’re always connected no matter where you are. Stay entertained and easily navigate…