2022 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
The 2022 Chevy Tahoe is a spacious vehicle with plenty of features and amenities for you to enjoy on your commute to Orange Park. An additional exciting feature is the Chevy Tahoe’s towing capacity. Don’t limit yourself to cargo space when thinking about things to bring on the next camping trip. Hitch a trailer or canoes too!
So, how much can a Chevy Tahoe tow? The towing capacity of the Chevy Tahoe is 8,400 pounds. This is comparable to what a full size pickup truck can do. Learn more about the Chevy Tahoe Payload capacity below. Learn more about the Tahoe towing capabilities online and contact us if you have any questions.
How Much Can the 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow?
As mentioned before, the Chevy Tahoe maximum towing capacity is 8,400 pounds. This number varies depending on the engine on your Tahoe purchase. Depending on the type of work you’re planning to do with your SUV, you may want a stronger engine and drive type. Check out the payload according to each engine level below:
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe Max Towing Capacity by Engine and Drive Type
- 8,400 pounds – 5.3L 2WD
- 8,200 pounds – 5.3L 4WD
- 8,300 pounds – 6.2L 2WD
- 8,100 pounds – 6.2L 4WD
- 8,200 pounds – 3.0L 2WD
- 8,000 pounds – 3.0L 4WD
Even though we talked a little bit about how engine power impacts payload, we’re going to go into more detail. There are three engine options available and they vary by power and strength. Explore the engine options available to you and determine which one will meet your Ponte Vedra:
- 355 horsepower
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,834 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,746 pounds
- 420 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,671 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,616 pounds
3.0L Turbo Diesel
- 277 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,717 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,625 pounds
2022 Tahoe Towing Features
Your Tahoe towing experience is enhanced by the towing features available on the SUV. Each feature makes towing even easier. Explore what the Max Trailering Package has to offer:
- Active Fuel Management: There are 12 modes of cylinder deactivation available to ensure the engine is always and instantly optimized for any load you are hauling, dramatically increasing gas mileage.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This semi-autonomous technology will make highway cruising more relaxing and safe for you and your passengers.
- 13 Camera Views: Drive with confidence knowing that you’ll have over a dozen cameras to show your surroundings while you drive.
- Max Trailering Package: This package includes high performance features such as a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan, a Hitch Guidance system with Hitch View, an integrated trailer brake controller, and the Chevrolet trailering app.
- Trailering App: Enjoy towing from your phone!The trailering app includes trailer profiles, trailer tire temperature monitoring, trailer tire pressure, and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
Explore the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe at Beaver Chevrolet Today!
More from Beaver Chevrolet
The backroads rambler. The weekend thrill-seeker. The to-and-from commuter. The 2024 Chevrolet Equinox welcomes them all. You can enjoy this CUV’s car-like performance balanced against its versatile interior. Discover the ins and outs of the new 2024 Equinox here in our model overview. 2024 Chevrolet Equinox Feature Summary Performance CUV drivers demand a polished on-road…
The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is available now, and you don’t want to wait to get a first impression of this one. Whether this is your first truck or not, it’s bound to become the pickup you remember as your favorite. Find out how the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 upholds this tradition below in our…
The everyday commuter. The growing family. The weekend wanderer. The 2024 Chevrolet Trailblazer offers something for all of the above. With great options for performance, interior layout, and passenger safety, it’s what every modern SUV aspires to. You’ll get all the information you need about the new Trailblazer below. Breaking Down the 2024 Chevrolet…