What is Homelink?
Homelink is a wireless control system built into your Chevrolet car, truck or SUV, where you can conveniently:
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Below is a quick and easy guide to follow, but if you have any questions, give us a call!
The Benefits of Homelink
- Battery-free: HomeLink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, so no more buying and changing batteries.
- Control Up to Three Devices: Integrated into your vehicle’s interior, Homelink allows you to control up to three devices.
- Compatibility: The Homelink system is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a variety of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Easy of Use: It’s easy to connect the system; all that’s needed is the press of a few buttons.
- Safety & Security: This system informs you when your door has been left open or closed. With the Homelink app, you can have remote control over other devices in your home, like the lights, and security system, which gives extra peace of mind when you’re on the road.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Chevrolet owners will find programming Homelink quick and easy. Simply follow these steps below to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit has three buttons located on the ceiling of the car, just above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car start flashing. This takes about 20 seconds. Keep in mind, pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, and is not necessary when adding other devices.
- Once the lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you want to program while you simultaneously press and hold the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights will go from a slow to rapid flash, which means the programming is complete.
- In the garage, press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Go back to your car and press the programmed button on your car for at least two seconds. You might see lights on your garage door opener flash, and this means it’s connecting.
Learn More about Homelink at Beaver Chevrolet
Contact us in Jacksonville to chat with an associate about the benefits of Homelink, and how easy it is for drivers to program the system. Installing the Homelink system is not difficult, but if you get stuck and need help programming it, updating your Chevy MyLink software, want to know how to program the Chevy garage door opener, or even comparing models like the Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu, the team of certified service technicians at Beaver Chevrolet are ready to walk you through it.
More From Beaver Chevrolet
As one of the only compact vehicles available with a diesel engine, the 2019 Chevy Cruze naturally delivers outstanding efficiency scores. Even with the entry-level gas engine, Chevrolet Cruze MPG ratings are competitive enough to deliver a total cruising range of up to 521 miles, so it’s an ideal model for those who prefer to…
Since 2016, at our St. Augustine dealership, we have honored local fallen soldiers over Memorial Day in the making sure we remember the true meaning of the day. We would like to continue that tradition in Jacksonville. In St. Augustine, this grew to where we now have an annual Gold Star Day of Remembrance at…
Orange Park car shoppers looking for a compact SUV with a strong performance and fuel economy will come across the new 2019 Chevrolet Equinox. With three engine options available throughout the Equinox model lineup, you can personalize the Equinox’s performance to fit your needs. Learn more about the Chevy Equinox fuel economy below. Contact Us More…