What is Homelink?
Homelink is a wireless control system built into your Chevrolet car, truck or SUV, where you can conveniently:
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Below is a quick and easy guide to follow, but if you have any questions, give us a call!
The Benefits of Homelink
- Battery-free: HomeLink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, so no more buying and changing batteries.
- Control Up to Three Devices: Integrated into your vehicle’s interior, Homelink allows you to control up to three devices.
- Compatibility: The Homelink system is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a variety of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Easy of Use: It’s easy to connect the system; all that’s needed is the press of a few buttons.
- Safety & Security: This system informs you when your door has been left open or closed. With the Homelink app, you can have remote control over other devices in your home, like the lights, and security system, which gives extra peace of mind when you’re on the road.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Chevrolet owners will find programming Homelink quick and easy. Simply follow these steps below to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit has three buttons located on the ceiling of the car, just above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car start flashing. This takes about 20 seconds. Keep in mind, pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, and is not necessary when adding other devices.
- Once the lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you want to program while you simultaneously press and hold the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights will go from a slow to rapid flash, which means the programming is complete.
- In the garage, press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Go back to your car and press the programmed button on your car for at least two seconds. You might see lights on your garage door opener flash, and this means it’s connecting.
Learn More about Homelink at Beaver Chevrolet
Contact us in Jacksonville to chat with an associate about the benefits of Homelink, and how easy it is for drivers to program the system. Installing the Homelink system is not difficult, but if you get stuck and need help programming it, updating your Chevy MyLink software, have questions about the Chevy Max Trailering Package, want to know how to program the Chevy garage door opener, connect to Chevy Wi-Fi, or even comparing models like the Chevy Cruze vs. Malibu or Chevy Malibu vs. Chevy Impala, the team of certified service technicians at Beaver Chevrolet are ready to walk you through it.
More From Beaver Chevrolet
Each Tuesday, Beaver Chevrolet is providing free lunch from Zaxby’s to a winning office in Jacksonville. If you love where you work and think your office deserves a free lunch, you can register at 1010XL (click here). Each Thursday, the winning office will be chosen at random and contacted, then on Tuesday they can expect an appearance from the…
Last week for our random Acts of Wow #13, Bucky Beaver seemed a little nervous when he found out we were on our way to the Pretrial Detention Facility/ Duval County Jail to feed 80 employees Chick-fil-A! However, after the staff scanned his certified Beaver swimming license and allowed him to come in and meet…
Our Beaver family try and do the most we can for our Duval County School System, and that includes providing grants, several resources, and also the opportunity to win a vehicle. With that being said, this week for our random Acts of Wow #12, we decided to spoil those who “hold down the fort” in…